- Access to quality and affordable healthcare.
All citizens deserve access to quality healthcare. Derek is working to expand Medicaid to cover more low income Georgians. He is also committed to obtaining more funding and resources for mental healthcare.
- Ensure a quality education for all students.
Education is the key to Georgia’s continued economic growth. Good schools and an educated workforce will bring new jobs to our state, ensuring a healthy economy.
Derek wants to increase teacher’s salaries to make them the highest paid in the country and create incentives to keep them in the classrooms.
- Create more affordable housing.
Families, especially our senior citizens and veterans, are in need of more housing that is affordable and available. Derek is also working toward solutions where medical debt does not prevent potential homeowners from purchasing a home.
- Reform our juvenile justice system.
Reduce the number of youth in detention centers by shifting the focus from punishment to rehabilitation and prevention. This also has the potential to decrease the number of re-offenders.
Derek Mallow for GA
- Currently serving as State Representative for House District 163.
– Member & Executive Minister, First Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church
- Serving Boy Scouts of America for 15 years, with dedication to issues facing our youth.
- Created programs for public housing communities.
- Strong advocate for workforce development to create opportunities for our youth.
- Member of Alpha Phi Omega, a national service fraternity, Mt. Moriah Lodge #15, 100 Black Men of Savannah and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.